- Evgeniy Nikolaevich, after 20 thousand tons of fuel spilled into the soil and rivers due to the accident at the TPP in Norilsk in early June, the Ministry of Emergency Situations, in consultation with President Vladimir Putin, announced a federal emergency (emergency) regime there. What is the current situation?
- The Ministry of Emergencies, together with other departments and organizations, continues to increase the amount of extraction and collection of contaminated soil mixed with fuel water - in the region of the thermal power plant. Everything is strictly according to plan.
- Who else, besides you, is engaged in these works?
- The rescuers of the Federal Agency for Maritime and River Transport (Rosmorrechflot), Norilsk Nickel, Gazpromneft, Transneft and environmentalists, who are constantly monitoring the state of the environment, were also involved in the emergency response.Our task force, equipped with unmanned aircraft systems, is also on site to monitor the situation.
"Can you tell me how many people are currently employed there?"
- A total of 495 people and 222 pieces of equipment, including aviation of the EMERCOM of Russia, were attracted from the Unified State System of Prevention and Elimination of Emergency Situations.
Work continues on two sites, in the district of TPP-3 and in the water area. The location of the spill is localized; rescuers collected about 18 thousand cubic meters of oil products and contaminated soil into temporary tanks. And in those places where this cannot be done, the soil is treated with a sorbent - thus, more than 4 thousand square meters of surface have already been cleaned, and the contaminated part has already been removed to dumps.
- Comrade Colonel General, you said that the work has increased at the scene of the accident. Is this all due to the involvement of additional forces and equipment?
- Not only. We use aviation - along with the use of new methods, for example, tanks of 250 cubic meters - to the places of collection of contaminated soil and oil products - are delivered using special suspension devices, using 10 helicopters, of which two are Mi-8 EMERCOM. As a result, the time for these operations and labor costs are reduced. By the way, emergency response work is ongoing around the clock, in compliance with all environmental standards.
- Evgeniy Nikolaevich, when will all this end in Norilsk?
- Completion is scheduled for two weeks.
Interview for Komsomolskaya Pravda: https://www.kp.ru/daily/27140/4232479/.
Author: Alexander Gamov.