According to data of the Hydrometeorological Center of Russia and the All-Russian Research Institute of Civil Defence and Emergencies (FC), on April 25, there is a possibility of emergencies associated with the disruption of life support services, energy facilities, communications, housing and communal services, all modes of transport, flooding of low-lying areas:
in the Far Eastern Federal District, in the Republic of Buryatia (rain, snow, sleet, heavy snowfalls, wind gusts up to 20 m/s, wind up to 24 m/s in some places, black ice, packed snow, adhesion of wet snow on wires).
during high winds:
- when at home, close the windows;
- when on the street, stay away from trees, as well as from high-risk constructions (bridges, overpasses, pipelines, power lines);
- avoid billboards, dilapidated buildings and quickly erected constructions.
when there are black ice and snow on the roads, pedestrians and drivers should:
- avoid use private vehicle, if it’s possible. Use winter tires. Use seat belts, observe a safe distance, maneuvering rules, do not exceed the speed limit, turn on low-beam headlights or fog lights;
- avoid driving maneuvers and overtaking, if there are ground surface icing and snow on a slippery road. When driving on the rise, choose such a gear that you do not have to switch until the full completion of the climb. During the descent, do not press the clutch pedal, when driving a car at speed, brake smoothly;
- not brake sharply on a slippery road, it is not only useless, but also dangerous. Sudden braking causes the wheels to lock and increase the braking distance, and most often the car becomes unmanageable. When driving through a dangerous area, try to keep the speed constant, use the accelerator pedal very carefully, smoothly, gently. Don't make any sudden movements;
- while driving on bridges and overpasses, be especially careful. Ice flooring on these road sections appears earlier than elsewhere, and disappears later. In these areas, avoid sudden movements of the steering wheel, gas, and brake;
- not forget about pedestrians. People who cross the road may slip and fall. Try not to frighten the pedestrian with sharp sound and light signals. When approaching pedestrian crossings and places where children's institutions are located, reduce the speed to a minimum;
- pedestrians shouldn't go out abruptly on the roadway in front of close-coming transport. Make sure that the driver sees you and has the opportunity to stop. Use only designated areas to cross roads, in places where the road is clearly visible in both directions. In the dark, wear the reflective clothing.