According to data of the Hydrometeorological Center of Russia and the All-Russian Research Institute of Civil Defence and Emergencies (FC), on July 18, there is a possibility of emergencies associated with the disruption of life support services, energy facilities, communications, housing and communal services, all modes of transport, flooding of low-lying areas:
in the Siberian Federal District, the Irkutsk Region and the Krasnoyarsk Territory (heavy and very heavy rains, heavy rainfalls, thunderstorms, hail, large hail in some areas, squall wind up to 20-25 m/s).
during high winds:
- when at home, close the windows;
- when on the street, stay away from trees, as well as from high-risk constructions (bridges, overpasses, pipelines, power lines);
- avoid billboards, dilapidated buildings and quickly erected constructions.
during a thunderstorm:
- if you are in the countryside, close windows, doors, chimneys and ventilation openings. Do not turn on the stove, as high-temperature gases from the chimney have a low resistance. Do not talk on the phone: lightning sometimes gets into wires tied between poles.
- when lightning strikes, do not come close to the wiring, lightning conductor, roof drains, antenna, do not stand near the window. If possible, turn off the TV, radio and other household appliances.
- if you are in the forest, then take refuge in a low-growing area of the forest. Do not take shelter near tall trees, especially pines, oaks and poplars.
- do not stay in the pond or on its shore. Move away from the coast, go down from an elevated place to a lowland.
- in the steppe, field or in the absence of shelter (building), do not lie down on the ground so an electric current doesn't pass through your whole body. Squat down in a hollow, ravine or other natural depression, clasping your legs with your hands.
- if you are doing sports, stop doing it immediately. Put metal objects (motorcycle, bicycle, ice ax, etc.) aside, move 20-30 meters away from them.
- if you are in the car, do not leave it and close the windows and lower the antenna of the radio.
during a rainfall:
- when you get the information about heavy rainfall, don’t walk in the city, if possible, stay in your apartment or at work. Turn on your wired and radio broadcasting facilities.
- if a rainfall caught you on the street, do not go down into underground passages and other buried premises. Try to take cover in buildings located above the possible flooding level.
- if the building (room) in which you are, is flooding, try to leave it and go to the nearest hill. If it is not possible to leave the building, then go up to the higher floors, turn off the electricity and gas, tightly close the windows, doors and report your location to the Emergency Situations Ministry on duty by tel. 101.
- if a rainfall caught you in your personal transport, do not try to overcome the flooded areas. Slowly move into the far right lane (to the side of the road) and, without resorting to emergency braking, stop driving. Turn on hazard lights and wait out the rainfall. In case of rapid water penetration, leave the vehicle and go to an elevated area or to the nearest building.